Perlesandco 468x60

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cubic Zircon

I took my time a few days ago to actually try out the nylon cowered wire that I bought last time. I've seen a few projects around here and there going on about wire and crimp tubes and I  kinda wanted to try it out a while ago.

So I decided to put something smaller together with some of the leftovers I had, and with some of the stuff that I bought a while ago and didn't have a clue what to make with.

I put together two different pair of earrings, both featuring two different kinds of Cubic Zircon beads.






For the pink pair, in each unit I used 20 11/0 seed beads, 2 4mm swarovski bicones, 2 4mm round swarovski beads, and the center bead is a Cubic Zircon which is about 6mm long.

On the second pair I wanted to add the other Cubic Zircon beads (6x9mm) that I've had for quite a while now. I decided to add one of citrine gemstone beads (about 9-10mm in height) to get some contrast in the piece.
I do tend to mix color contrasts in my pieces, since I want something eye catching, depending on what it is, and these are rather small, and I wanted them still to be noticeable.
I also used two 4mm glass beads and 10 11/0 seed beads.
I did also add a small chainmail piece at the top of the earrings, that I made in silver-plated copper wire, and each jump-ring is 4mm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...