Perlesandco 468x60

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two Rings a Week: Ashes

Alright, so I decided to get myself busy with having to goal of making at least two rings a week just for fun and also to try out some different techniques.

I made this one using circular brick stitch and herringbone stitch.

I've been having these 3 8mm round Swarovski crystals laying around, and didn't know what I could use it for until I actually saw a few beading embellishments with just this technique around the internet while I was browsing through websites. So I decided to try it out by making a ring of it. 

I also did some smaller fringing just to get some more texture to it. I found that I looked a little too flat at the beginning.


11/0 and 15/0 seed beads are what I used to make this lil' thing. Also the gold beads are galvanized.
I bought once just gold plated and silver plated beads, I quickly noticed how the color began falling off the during the time I was beading and keeping my bead work tightly in my hands.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...