Perlesandco 468x60

Friday, July 8, 2011

Bracelet: Mamba

Today was the very last day of the dutch course I've been following since may this year. We arranged a lil' party in the course room where  pretty much everyone had brought with them something typical from their country. Mostly Moroccan food, mmm... Was very tasty :)
I brought with me a pair of Swedish chocolate buns that I had been doodling on last evening :P

I also took myself some time to start a new beading project since I didn't have a bus for some reason. Don't ask me why, but the thing never showed up :\

I drew up a very simple pattern on a graph and began playing some more with them peyote stitches. But, I decided to use two different sizes of beads; 11/0 and 8/0. The result ended up looking kinda like a snake skin, which I really liked. I'm still pondering if I should create a choker next, using the same technique, beads and colors, but we'll see :)
Besides the seed beads I also used some 4mm glass pearls for embellishment. I also managed, for ONCE, to use only one single thread without having to cut it off and put in a new one xD I kinda prefer that, then I don't have to think too much on where the heck I ended the last row etc. lol

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...