Perlesandco 468x60

Saturday, July 9, 2011

I LOVE those Bugle Beads!

Yep, I really like those bugle beads. I've stacked up a few over the months but I haven't really put any effort to add them in to any of my projects so far. One reason is that a lot of people write about their fears of bugle beads, since they have very, very sharp edges and have a tendency to cut off the beading thread.

So I thought, what the heck; Lets give them a go for once.

The color scheme I chose to make for this bracelet was mainly metallic, and I mostly used gunmetal for this cute lil' piece. I chose to work with gunemtal mainly because I bought a lot of seed beads and other beads in gunmetal this spring, and also cause of the reason that gunmetal seems to be a huge trend this year in a lot of elements.

I also chose to add some color by using some machine cut bugle beads in fushia. And I chose to add some silver plated 4mm jump-ring together with a silver plated toggle-clasp. I think it looks like a really nice combination with the silver seed beads in the bracelet :)

1 comment:

Malia said...

This one is great! I'd love to make something like it :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...