Perlesandco 468x60

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Polymer Clay Cabs

So, yeah. Having my final dutch exams this week; finished the first four and still got the last one on Thursday.
I took myself some freedom to actually create some polymer clay cabochons this Sunday. The reason was that I've been having a couple of polymer clay colors laying around, I just haven't been in the mood since a little while. The other reason is that I haven't been able to find any cabs in any of the local craft stores - so I have to wait until I'm gonna make my next online purchase to fill my stash even more, Mwahahaha!

The process I went through before I began making my cabs, is that I first measured out some different sizes I wanted to make, on a paper. Yeh, I'm gonna get my hands on some molds in the future as well, lol - will make life a tad bit easier.






Yeh, the inspiration I kinda had when I made the following cab was pretty much a scarab. 
 For this cab, I wanted to experiment with the bronze powder I bought a while ago. Then I made a little texture print using some different stuff. Then I painted over the texture with the powder... shiny.


For the following little rectangle set, I ran out to the garden and tried finding a perfect leaf that I could work with. Then I put the leaf on the clay and used my roller to get the texture of the leaf. Then I used some silver powder to make it shiiiiny lol

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...