Perlesandco 468x60

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Choker: I Desire You

Phew!
After almost two weeks of work it is finally done :)

I created this choker especially for a contest on DeviantArt, hosted by Supernatural Art, Psycho Artist United and High Quality Art.
The contest is called "I wish you were here" and has a love/valentines theme around it. To access the contest directly for more information, click here.

I sketched the design for my piece out a couple of times before I decided how I wanted it. I already knew I wanted to have a bead embroidery heart as the focal for the entire piece. After already working on the heart for a while I decided that I should add two small pieces of St. Petersburg chain on each side, to connect to the heart.
The reason to why I chose a St. Petersburg chain is cause I find that it looks kinda romantic and dreamy in some sort of way, lol. That's the best way I can explain it *cough*.

I used a bunch of different beads, besides 11/0 and 15/0 seed beads for the heart; bicones, 4mm rounds, czech glass beads in different shapes.


In the design I had also drawn out some dangling bead strands that I would add. I wasn't sure before the basics of the piece were finished if I would add this. Altho, in the end I decided to add them, since it game more life to the choker and made it less... naked =P

As for the back and the attachment of the choker...
I added a chain, so it would be able to fit a lot of neck sizes :)
I used a lobster clasp, as well...
I decided to add a little Czech glass heart for weight in the chain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Love it. Especially the embroidery
Gemxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...