Perlesandco 468x60

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hair Barrette: Yellow Daffodil

Okey, so I couldn't help myself and I had to make this; a beaded Daffodil. A bit early for Easter I know but... I wanted to! lol

I saw this pattern in "The Beaded Garden" by Diane Fritzgerald about making a beaded daffodil and I just had to try it out. The flower is really just built up from brick stitch and herringbone stitch, and then the parts are joined together.

I purchased a pair of hair barrettes about two weeks ago and I knew I wanted to attach this beaded flower to them, after all... What girl doesn't like flowers in her hair? I know I do, lol. Even better with beaded flowers then real once since they won't die, heh :p

When I decided on how I wanted to attach the flower to the barrette I added a head-pin in the hole of the barrette and then through the space in the center of the flower.
I wasn't satisfied at this point though, I thought it looked a bit too naked with the flower alone, so I googled up pictures as references to see how the leaves of a daffodil looks like and created my own brick stitch base based from that :)
 Of course I had to use glue to make it sit in place, stuck on the hair barrette, I'm not too much of a fan of gluing and gluing but... I didn't really see how else I could solve it. With the head-pin alone, after I had wrapped a loop it would still spin around and I guess the only way to fix that was using glue. If anyone has a greater idea I would love to hear them so I could use them for future project :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...