Perlesandco 468x60

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

BTW - 11th April 2012

This Wednesday, my table is looking a bit messy with some random seed beads (which you can see in the background of the focus point).
In the front I'm working on a bead embroidery pendant yet again. The thing with this one is that I want to make something less feminine and more masculine. I have a problem though. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to create a masculine jewelry piece with bead embroidery, nor with beads. I suppose this is a problem that every designer, regardless of what media is at least once struggling with sometimes in their journey when it comes to creating something directed to the opposite gender.
In the center of the bead embroidery pendant I've chosen to include a tiger's eye bead, together with some 4mm galvanized cube beads from Miyuki, together with 11/0 and 15/0 seed beads from Matsuno and Miyuki.
I'm still pondering about the chain for it though. I'm thinking about a blue cotton cord with knots on a few areas, or just a thicker chain in either gunmetal or copper. I suppose I'll be done deciding that when the main part of the piece is complete.

In the back, a bit out of focus, I've done another bead embroidery piece. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, a necklace for sure, but I haven't decided completely how to execute it yet.
The focal is a handmade polymer clay cabochon I created. I wanted to make a "lizard" like eye. So yeh, it's a unique piece, no mold used at all what so ever.


2 comments:

H.T. said...

HI,Ann:-)
Even if Your beading table seems to be 'messy',I can say-the beginning of Your new art-pieces looks so promissive:-)I like that 'dragon eye'-it looks interesing and I bet it will be even more,when You compose Your way.
As concerning the men's jewelry-I can admit: I know nothing at all,I do not know,if they really should wear something,except for a watch ,whether always to get know,what time to come back home:-))Maybe YOuøll think up something original.The beginning says: it's The Unisex' so far:-))
Warm Hugs-Halinka-

Lilith said...

@Halinka I've been picking out the most masculine shapes and colors I had in my stash that I could think of, so I hope it will end up as I'm expecting.
I'm not able to ask my bf for advices on this either, he doesn't accessories with anything, not even a watch (he uses his phone, lol).
I'm gonna have to ask around some other guys when it's completed, I suppose :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...