Perlesandco 468x60

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bead Embroidery Earrings III

In one of my previous posts, I showcased a couple of cabochons and beads I've made with polymer clay, on a color line pattern.
I decided to take some time off from my main project to actually complete the pair of bead embroidery earrings I had planned for the tear drop cabochons I made. I'd actually already glued the cabochons to the foundation since I made them, lol. I though this was needed, heh.

I already had a plan for these cabochons, and the idea was to use white beads with different kind of surface finishes to them, to make the colorful cabochons "pop". In my own opinion, I think I succeeded and I'm very happy with the final result of them.
I bezelled the cabochon using peyote stitch, with 11/0 seed beads by Matsuno in opaque white with an AB finish. For the final rows of peyote I used 15/0 seed beads by Miyuki in white opal. Then to add some sparkle, I used 4mm firepolished Czech glass beads with an AB finish. The 3mm bugles I used are by Myuki with  a pearl effect finish on the surface.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...